Tours & Activities
Top 10 Tours
From San José you can take one of a number of daytrips to the rainforest, volcanoes or experience the thrill of white water rafting, to mention just a few. We want to share with you our top ten tours:
- San José Walking Tour: this tour is the best way to see the city. A guided walking tour of the down town area, this tour provides you with great information about the culture, history and architecture of San José.
- Coffee tour: if you are a coffee lover and you want to learn about the history and process of the coffee in Costa Rica, this tour is the perfect option for you, you will learn all the secrets that a delicious cup of coffee enclose.
- Canopy: for those who like to experience the adrenaline of an adventure activity, a canopy tour is a very good choice; enjoy the sensation of sliding through the forest while surrounded by beautiful landscapes.
- Rafting: the rafting tour is once in a lifetime experience, you will enjoy the amazing nature of the rainforest via the river, while running the rapids into the heart of the rainforest.
- Tortuga Island: if you want to enjoy a day of relaxation, Tortuga Island is the best option for you, this tour take you to a beautiful island in the gulf of Nicoya, during the trip onboard of a cruise, you will enjoy live music, fresh tropical fruits, beautiful landscapes and a sunbath.
- Poas Volcano & La Paz Waterfall Gardens: visit one of the most popular volcanoes of the country: Poas Volcano, its main crater is one of the world’s larger (over 1.5 Km wide), this tour also includes a visit to La Paz Waterfall Gardens which is an attraction by itself; you will be delighted by the spectacular waterfalls and other attractions like the country’s largest butterfly garden.
- Rain Forest Aerial Tram: experience the thrill of being in the middle of the rainforest and at the top of the canopy by taking an aerial tram tour; enjoy the scenic views of the rain forest from different points, get to see some plants and wildlife and learn about Costa Rica ecosystems.
- Irazú Volcano, Lankaster Gardens & Orosi Valley: visit the highest active volcano in Costa Rica (11,000 feet above sea level), travel to one of the most scenic regions of Costa Rica: Orosi Valley and enjoy the beauty of tropical orchids at the Lankaster Botanical Garden.
- Grecia & Sarchí: this tour will take you to Grecia to see the famous metal church of the Lady of Mercy that has a beautiful architecture, then you will visit the capital of handicrafts in Costa Rica: Sarchí. This is an ideal place to find wonderful souvenirs of your trip.
- Arenal Volcano & Hot Springs: visit the more active volcano in Costa Rica: Arenal Volcano. On a clear day you will have the opportunity to observe the spectacular eruptions of incandescent rock and molten lava of this volcano. After that enjoy the Hot springs, a very relaxing experience.
If you are in our hotel for a short time and you don’t have enough time to take a full day tour, we recommend you the following activities:
- Take a walk to La Sabana Park, just a few blocks from the hotel and visit the Art Museum located close by.
- Visit the Central Market (only 10 minutes walking from the hotel), this market is considered country's cultural heritage, this popular market has a lot of booths with people selling all kind of things you can imagine.
- Go to a museum, most of the museums are located just 5 or 10 minutes from the hotel (by taxi): Jade Museum, Gold museum, National Museum.
- Visit the National Theater of Costa Rica, considered like the most appraised cultural jewel in the capital, this theater was inspired by the Paris Opera House and has fine finishes including 22.5-karat gold leaf and Belgian ironwork.
- Relax and unwind at our bar/lounge.
We have an extensive drink list with many delicious beverages including: Champagne Cocktails, Martinis, etc.
- Read a good book, we have a small bookcase for book exchange.
- Have a relaxing massage or other special treatment in our massage room.
- Enjoy the evening resting on our Jacuzzi terrace.
Finish the day off with a leisurely dinner in our tropical Victorian influenced restaurant.